Lead Product Designer
Mr. Adrien Feudjio
Type of Job
Part -> Full Time
About the job
The Zone is looking for a Lead Designer to build out assets, product and branding in order to make Mental Health accessible while creating an engaging user experience. You will be tasked with working with hiring leading other designers and working with cross-functional team members. Being customer focused, we will expect you to rely on user feedback to drive what we build out.
By partnering with cross-functional teams and customers, you will turn your insights into delightful products in a creative environment that requires proven leadership skills and the ability to execute a creative vision.
More responsibilities in detail:
– Be responsible for advocating for the importance of UCD, UX + UX research, lean and agile methodologies throughout the design team and whenever interacting with those outside the design team
– Work with product and engineering to define and improve the product design process. Be the ultimate owner of this process and reporting to the CEO.
– Own and help to define the user testing and user research process
– Work on and manage the brand and marketing website
– Be responsible for identifying staffing, process or other resource holes in the design team and helping to fill them
– Mentor and manage junior product and visual designers
– Engage with the management and running of the business generally
– Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
– Identify new product improvement opportunities.
– Help develop product roadmap with management team
– Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
– Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
– Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences.
– Deep knowledge and experience of UX and UI design
– Strong visual design skills
– Management and preferably also leadership experience
– Preferably experience working in product design at a SAAS company
– Strong web design and preferably also brand design credentials would be advantageous
Preferably, some experience of designing design processes in small – medium-sized companies and ensuring consistency across multiple teams
– Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
– An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
– Excellent attention to detail
– Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
– A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives
– Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
– Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
– Creative problem-solving skills
– Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
– Provide assistance to product engineers when needed
– Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
Equity and/or competitive Salary based on experience.
G suite access
Work from Home for the first year. *Following TBD
The Zone is a Tele-Wellness startup focused on increasing the emotional intelligence of student-athletes to help them improve their Mental Wellness. We are currently in private beta with select colleges. Our goal is to make sure students are equipped with the necessary tools to tackle their mental health struggles in their pockets.
We value the well-being on our staff members just as much as our consumers and really looking to improve the quality of life of society for our future generations. If this is something you think aligns with your personal ethos, then we would love to talk.